Looking to unleash your inner rebel and break free from traditional career paths? Then it’s time to listen up! Join Igor as he explores the controversial idea of tossing aside your degree and forging your own unique path.
[00:00] In this episode, Igor talks about how the world is changing, and how degrees are no longer a guarantee of success. He shares insights on how you can build a business and a life on your own terms, regardless of your academic background. Tune in to discover how you can leverage your unique skills and talents to create a life of freedom, fulfillment, and abundance.
[01:32] Career Shifts and Financial Hurdles for Educated Class:
- For the very first time in history, well-educated people are facing the exact same financial challenges as less-educated.
- People who spend at least 20, maybe 30 years, in a job of some kind, or went to college to learn one thing, but then end up having to switch careers and having to reinvent themselves on the internet.
[03:07] The Cash Flow Concept:
- Your banker doesn’t accept diplomas, degrees, and report cards. They don’t really care about your marks. They don’t really care about your success in school, and they don’t really care about your previous work experience. All they care about is cash flow.
- This idea was originally introduced by Robert Kiyosaki in his amazing book, which I recommend every parent to read, called Rich Dad, Smart Kid.
[03:38] Education vs. Skills:
- Right now we live in a skill-based economy.
- It’s more like a gig economy. Where you kind of go from one gig to the next based on the skill set you’ve got, and that skill set has to fit the environment you’re in today.
- If you acquire a skill set that’s in demand and a skill set most people don’t have, it gets you clients who pay you the fees you command.
[08:50] The New Rules:
- The rules for the game have changed dramatically and totally.
- The people who win at the game don’t really go out looking for degrees. They probably have people with degrees working for them.
- They find gaps in the marketplace. They go out there, and they find a group of people with a problem that they can solve, that they know they can solve, or they find a way to solve, and they charge those people to solve the problem.
- We’re in an economy where people expect to pay their way out of problems.
- There’s a great saying by Gary Halbert. “If you have enough money to solve a problem, you don’t have a problem.”
[14:00] How To Become Irreplaceable?
- And so I just went out there and I created my own job. And it’s always better to create your own job rather than go looking for one.
- It’s such an incredible position to be in where you get to create value.
- Therefore create your own job, where you become irreplaceable, indispensable by where people come to you because of who you are and what you do, rather than you going out there begging other people to give you a chance to do something with your life.
[14:34] Listen To More Episodes:
- Get access to previous episodes, the transcription of today’s show, as well as other exclusive content at www.listbuildinglifestyleshow.com.